Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Delicious Inspiration!


   
          I am always on the hunt for blogs that inspire me! While paroosing through some oh so interesting nutritional blogs, on a quest to find the best, I was pleasantly surprised at the number of delicious and nutritious blogs I came across. Mitzi Dulan is a nutritional star! She co-authored The All-Pro Diet: Lose Fat, Build Muscle, and Live Like A Champion with NFL Hall-of-Famer Tony Gonzalez, she has been the nutritionist for several professional teams, like the Kansas City Chiefs Football Team and the Kansas City Royals Baseball Team, and she's a mother of two who travels the country sharing her nutritional knowledge with others. Pretty much, Mitzi Dulan= Wonder Woman! As a nutrition major minoring in physical fitness and a new mother, I find her to be an inspiration. I highly suggest checking out Mitzi's Blog which is chock full of interesting information as well as some tasty recipes.One surprising fact I learned from Mitzi's blog was that you can burn up to one hundred and eighty calories if you vacuum for an hour, and one hundred and sixty if you wash the dishes for 30 minutes! Who knew? I say bring on the chores.


  I know a blog has good recipes when I look at the pictures and salivate! When I visited Jaden Hair's website that's exactly what happened. She's a professional recipe developer, food columnist, and food photographer, who loves creating fast, fresh, and easy recipes anyone can make. What this tells me is, this is a woman who knows her food! Check out Steamy Kitchen if your ready to start creating some healthy simple recipes that everyone will love. Here are a few pictures of Jaden's food to inspire you to get clickin.



     
       After watching Forks Over Knives I was inspired to incorporate some tasty vegetarian recipes into my diet, but where do I begin? When most of us think "vegetarian" images of wet tofu and bland steamed vegetables fill our  heads, yuck. But Michael Natkin, writer of Herbivoracious, says NAY! He has transformed my idea of a vegetarian diet forever. He has created tons of hearty mouth-wateringly delicious recipes that I personally can't wait to try! If saffron and chickpea stew with grilled porcini mushrooms, or green garlic and mint potato salad sound good to you, I highly suggest you check out this herbivores blog. Michael Natkin's Blog

"You’ll be able to build a satisfying, healthful, and most of all, pleasurable meal around these dishes, together with an exciting selection of appetizers, salads, soups and sides. "- Michael Natkin
                                 







No comments:

Post a Comment