Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Go Diigo...Go!



       Hungry Girl = My new obsession! While paroosing through Fitness Groups on Diigo, I came across a group called  Healthy Choices, which brought me to a website called Hungry Girl. I am now in love! Lisa Lillien aka Hungry Girl, has redefined what it means to live a healthy lifestyle. What if I told you it was possible to loose weight while eating things like hamburgers and mocha shakes. Sounds like a bad infomercial doesn't it? However this is no joke! By making a few calorie conscious nutritional swaps, like switching vanilla ice cream for vanilla soy milk and chocolate fudge for Diet Swiss Miss hot cocoa packets, like in her mocha shake, this hungry girl has transformed healthy food forever. Lisa's website has tons of recipes and recipe swaps like, her recreation of the Taco Bell favorite, the Mexican Pizza. She transformed this sinfully tasty treat from 540 calories and 30 grams of fat to 254 calories and 6.5 grams of fat. And this isn't some yucky impostor version; the pictures look next to identical! I personally am about to go buy the ingredients to recreate her version of Burger King's Mocha Frap. She has transformed this thick and creamy beverage form a fatty 510 calories and 22 grams of fat into a sleek and delicious 143 calories and 2 grams of fat! This hungry girl is making waves all over the place. With her very popular book The Hungry Girl Super Market Survival Guide, and her new show on the Food Network premiering on Saturday mornings, it appears this hungry girl is here to stay. With websites like Hungry Girl around there is no reason not to get our lives moving in a healthier direction. Who says you have to sacrifice taste in order to be healthy?









   






           
         In  Diigo's Groups for Women's Health, I came across Group Wellness, and an article titled Skincare Advice from a Pro. As a woman, I am always on the lookout for new ways to keep my skin soft and silky. This article has tons of  information about taking care of our bodies largest organ. It contained a great tip on how to cheaply exfoliate your whole body and keep your skin velvety soft. You will need a large bottle of lotion (like Johnson's or Aveeno) as well as a bag of white table sugar. While in the shower rise well, turn off the water, and mix equal parts lotion and sugar together. Use the moisturizing scrub all over your body. When spread evenly,  rise off with warm water. When your  shower's complete, follow by applying a creamy moisturizer all over before you go to sleep. You will wake up renewed, refreshed, and silky smooth from head to toe!

          I also found a great article titled Five Foods for Healthier Hair inside the Nutrition Groups on Diigo. I recently have been flirting with the idea of getting my hair trimmed. I am a bit emotionally attached to my hair, as strange as that sounds. Haircuts can sometimes be tragic. I always go in optimistic and excited, I tell the woman what I want exactly, and then an hour later, blah! It's as if I was speaking in another language when I told her the cut I desired. I asked her to cut one inch, she cuts three, I said layers, she gives me side bangs, and well you know the rest. Before I committed to another dreaded haircut, I really wanted to learn a few ways to take better care of my hair, to keep it shiny, fully, and healthy for as long as possible. This article has taught me so much about the connection between the foods I eat and the appearance of my hair. They also discuss the five super foods connected to beautiful flowing locks: whole grain, foods high in vitamin C, such as oranges and tangerines, brown rice, legumes, and foods rich in calcium. I can't wait to put these foods to the test, and achieve beautiful shiny hair.

       P.S. I found this article to be very interesting. A nutrition blog for the New York Times called The Eleven Best Foods You Aren't Eating. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment